“However, Some of us have buried them to varying depths and degrees”
Spot reduction is the #1 Abdominal Exercise Myth; meaning that you cannot specifically target the fat under the skin in a certain spot with exercises for the muscle in that spot.
How many sit-ups does it take to burn one-pound of fat?
Generally you have to burn 3,500 calories in order to lose 1-pound of fat, so just how many sit-ups is that?
- Doing sit-ups burns around 5-10 calories per minute. At this rate you would have to do approximately 17,500 sit-ups in order to burn 3,500 calories
- In order to burn 3,500 calories in 2-weeks you would have to do 1,000 sit-ups a day.
- Hopefully, you can see that using sit-ups to burn fat might not be the most effective strategy
Better choices for burning body fat include; Aerobic exercise, sports activities, or total body weight training
- Generally, traveling 1-mile by foot burns about 100 calories (walking or running 1-mile burns about 100 calories, but of course running takes less time)
- To burn 3,500 calories (or 1-pound of body fat) you would have to walk approximately 35-miles
- If you walked 2.5 miles everyday, for two weeks, you would walk about 35-miles
You can try to lose weight by just doing sit-ups, but this is not the most effective way. For the best results, take a comprehensive approach to bringing back your 6-pack abs; eat a nutritious diet, do aerobic exercise, and perform total-body weight training. Have a goal, www.asimplehabit.com can help.